Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Smoothie Heaven

So, this latest development in my life requires that I eat every two hours.. at least.
This is to ensure that:
(1) my hands don't start shaking uncontrollably
(2) my gastrointestinal track stops doing flips
(3) my stomach can begin to expand at an alarming rate

Peanut Butter on toast gets kind of old after awhile, so I called out the reserves. Our Lenten "snack/dessert".

Smoothies

2 cups frozen fruit (mixed berries)
3 cups milk
1 cup yogurt
1 3oz package jello (berry blue)

Dump it all in and give it a whirl.

If I have it, I will toss in a few tablespoons of wheat germ*, just to make me feel better about having an entire! packet! of jello! entering my system in one fell swoop.

I mean, that's enough jello mix to fill a 9x13 pan, y'all.

That's if I don't share. This does make enough to fill 5 tall glasses with a bit leftover. And trust me, you don't want any leftovers. What with the amount of jello mix and all? Your leftovers tend to....
solidify.

So, drink up!

:P

(I also use rBGH-free milk and organic yogurt... no, I am not pulling your leg. Dairy is one area where we have changed our ways)

1 comment:

momto5minnies said...

I know all about smoothies. When I couldn't chew ANY FOOD for nearly 6 weeks last year, all i did was DRINK ... smoothies that is ;) I think they are great for moms on the run. Sometimes I just make one and bring it in the car with me.

One of my favorites is a mango coconut one. You can probably stick an umbrella in it and think you are at the beach ... yum! Coconut milk ("So Delicious" brand), frozen mango, pineapple juice, whey protein, unsweetened flakes of coconut ... SO GOOD!